High school scholarship YES USA youth exchange study 2021
High school level scholarship YES USA youth exchange study program 2021. The Kennedy Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program Scholarship, a fully-funded scholarship for Matric and O Level students in Pakistan. So study in US high schools in the United States and stay with American host families for one year. The Youth Exchange and Study Program is funded by the US government. In addition, Its’s open to secondary school students in 39 countries.
High school students will be enrolled in American schools for a full education. Also, will be able to participate in co-curricular and extracurricular activities to interact with Americans and develop a full understanding of American culture. Since 2003, the Kennedy Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) program have providing scholarships. These scholarships almost 1,274 high school students from across Pakistan. Also, LAW GAT test by the HEC.
Eligibility Criteria for High school scholarship YES USA youth program 2021
- Pakistani citizens residing in Pakistan
- Ninth (9th) or tenth (10) grade or ‘O’ level students are admitted. (O levels are not eligible for 11th grade)
- Applicants must be between 15 and 17 years of age by the start of the program (August 15, 2022).
- At least 60% marks in all major / basic subjects (English, Mathematics, Science) in the final examination; Average average of at least 60% in the last three years. (Intermittent year or repeated year students are not eligible.)
- Can communicate in English. At least 60% marks in English exam during last three years (2018-19, 2019-20 and 2020-21).
- Didn’t travel to the United States.
- Note: At least 60% marks in all subjects in the pre-departure exam in the United States (annual exams to conduct in 2021). Students will require to send their mark sheet for the final exam when they receive the mark sheet.
High school scholarship in USA addition Criteria 2021
- Pass the entrance test
- Learn and practice Pakistani culture and values, and be able to represent it in American schools and communities.
- Demonstrate maturity, flexibility, adaptability, good character, and also academic ability.
- Demonstrate flexibility and commitment to foster cultural understanding.
- The desire to participate in the daily life of the host family.
- A record of all necessary immunizations before arriving in the United States, as described in the Final Student Application.
- Agreement to attend classes as a full-time student and to maintain a minimum ‘B’ grade average in American high school.
- Meet USJ-1 visa eligibility requirements.
- Consent and agreement to comply with the YES Student Rules set forth in the YES Final Application and all other laws and policies during the program.
Yes program for high school students in the USA Benefits
The program is a full sponsor and the scholarship covers all major expenses such as air travel. In addition, all debts will paid from the USA Exchange Program. This scholarship is for school-level students.
- US visa fees.
- School tuition and $ 125 monthly stipend.
- Boarding or Lodging in the U.S.A. (Residence & Meals)
How to apply for High school scholarship in YES program 2021
Students who meet the selection criteria and agree to the parent-student agreement and general program rules may apply for the scholarship. They can download the initial applications from www.yespk.org. Simply you can Apply online and submit your complete documents record.
Therefore, send documents through courier SIE office. So, female students, with physical disabilities, non-elite and public school students who meet the criteria are strongly encourage to apply.
After the initial application is screened, shortlisted applicants will be notified. These shortlists will therefore communicate via YES Orientation and Entry Test by letters and/or by email to the address provided in the initial application. (SIE is not responsible for invalid / incomplete or change of address.)
Students who pass the entrance test will be notified by letters to participate in interviews and also group activities.
Students must attend the YES final application (attached to the letter) and attend the interviews. In addition, students must be present on the day of the interview with the required documents, along with a fully filled YES final application.
Shortlisted students will require to take a standard English language test for international students after the interview. It will be necessary to pass this test.
The final selection of students will be based on the entrance test, interviews and all the required documents on the neatly completed YES final application. So the finalist will be notified by the YES Program Office via a letter and scholarship acceptance form. This letter will be sent to the address given by the students.
If have any issue or confusion can contact us or join our WhatsApp. Moreover, Get alert for every news and opportunity of an education.